This Vegan Mushroom Fettuccine with Spinach and Walnuts is ready in just 20 minutes! The creamy vegan sauce is made with just a few simple pantry ingredients. Such an easy, delicious weeknight dinner for the whole family, vegan or not!
This post is sponsored by Explore Cuisine. All opinions are our own.
We've definitely been on a pasta kick lately. Considering the current situation, I'm sure you, too, are all stocked up on pasta. If so, this is the perfect easy recipe for you to try!
It starts with a simple base of sautéed shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Then, a quick 2-ingredient cream sauce, some salt, pepper, spinach, parsley and toasted walnuts for crunch.
Served over a delicious Edamame and Mung Bean Fettuccine from Explore Cuisine and topped with vegan ricotta, which is optional, but encouraged. The best part? It comes together in just about 20 minutes!
The easiest creamy vegan sauce for pasta
Many vegan cream sauce recipes are made with cashew cream, which is certainly delicious but takes quite a bit more time to prepare. Since cashews have to be soaked before blending, there's about 2 hours of prep time you'll have to factor into a recipe with cashew cream.
If you, like me, usually aren't prepared quite that far ahead, this super easy vegan cream sauce is for you!
It's just two simple ingredients: vegetable broth and an unsweetened vegan creamer/heavy cream alternative. You can usually find this in the dairy section of your grocery store, or near the coffee creamers/plant-based milks. Be sure that it doesn't contain any flavors like vanilla or hazelnut.
Once the mushrooms are softened, you just add both ingredients to the skillet and let it reduce until it becomes thick and creamy. So easy and delicious!
Vegan Mushroom Fettuccine Main Ingredients
- Shallots and garlic: sautéed shallots and garlic add so much extra flavor to this pasta, and they only take a few minutes to cook. Feel free to sub the shallots with an equal amount of yellow onion.
- Mushrooms: white button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms are our mushroom of choice. However, you could use just about any variety of mushroom – check out this post for more info on wild mushrooms!
- Spinach: feel free to sub with another leafy green like kale or chard.
- Walnuts: while the mushrooms are cooking, we quickly toast these in a separate pan for more flavor. It only takes about 5 minutes, but keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- Vegetable broth: broth + cream = the easiest creamy pasta sauce ever.
- Vegan heavy cream alternative: there are a few options on the market for vegan plain creamer/heavy cream alternatives. Be sure it's unsweetened! If you can't find one, a thicker, plain dairy free milk will work, too. You may just have to cook it for a bit longer to thicken.
- Vegan ricotta: This is an optional topping, but so delicious. You can buy it at most grocery stores.
- Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine: our pasta of choice for this recipe!
High protein pasta
Pasta that's high in protein? AND plant-based? We're in!
We're so excited to be partnering with Explore Cuisine to bring you this recipe featuring their Edamame and Mung Bean Fettuccine. They make a fantastic range of plant-based pastas that are made with beans, lentils, rice and peas.
There's everything from the fettuccine we used in this recipe, to red lentil penne, to risoni – a unique pasta that tastes like a mix between rice and orzo. It's delicious! We just had some for dinner last night with roasted veggies and vegan feta.
All of their products are organic, gluten free, vegan, packed with protein and fiber AND they cook in just 5-7 minutes. Coupled with the fact that they taste great and work in a wide range of recipes, it's safe to say we're pretty psyched about Explore Cuisines.
Especially right now, it's more important than ever to keep your pantry stocked with nutritious foods that are easy to cook. You can find the entire range of Explore Cuisine products on Amazon!
More easy vegan pasta recipes
- Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta
- Easy Pesto Pasta White Bean Salad
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Simple Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
If you make this Vegan Mushroom Fettuccine with Spinach and Walnuts, we’d love for you to leave a comment and rating below! We also love to see your creations on Instagram – tag us at @crowded_kitchen so we can see what you’ve been cooking.Print
Vegan Mushroom Fettuccine with Spinach and Walnuts
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
This Vegan Mushroom Fettuccine with Spinach and Walnuts is ready in just 20 minutes! The creamy vegan sauce is made with just a few simple pantry ingredients.
- 4 tbsp vegan butter, divided
- 1 large shallot, diced (or 1 small yellow onion)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- ¾ cup plain vegan creamer/heavy cream
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups spinach
- ¼ cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, reserve half for topping
- 1 8 oz box of Explore Cuisine Edamame and Mung Bean Fettuccine
- 4-6 oz vegan ricotta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1-2 teaspoon salt. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add 2 tablespoon butter to a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add additional 2 tablespoon butter, garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes, until mushrooms start to soften.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, toast the chopped walnuts in a small pan over medium heat, stirring often to prevent burning, for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, creamer, salt and pepper to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until it starts to thicken.
- Add in spinach, parsley, lemon juice, walnuts and cooked pasta. Toss until spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with vegan ricotta or parmesan (optional).
Make sure the vegan creamer/heavy cream sub is unsweetened!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 725.1 mg
- Fat: 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 10.7 g
- Cholesterol: 12.8 mg
Keywords: vegan mushroom fettuccine
Let us know what you think!