This simple vegan burst cherry tomato pasta is a summer weeknight dinner hero. Best served with a chilled glass of white wine and fresh herbs straight from your garden.
This post is sponsored by Santa Margherita Wines. All opinions are our own.
It's not quite peak tomato season yet, but the tomato plants in our garden are starting to grow like crazy! There's nothing quite as reminiscent of summer as a juicy, ripe homegrown tomato.
They tend to be a pretty divisive produce item - my husband absolutely hates tomatoes unless they're in a sauce - but I'll eat them just about any way.
Cherry tomatoes are especially perfect for this super easy pasta. They're blistered in a pan until juicy, soft and surprisingly sweet. Paired with fresh garlic, vegan cheese and fresh herbs, it's a quintessential summer flavor profile.
The best part: everything comes together in just a few minutes!
This simple burst cherry tomato pasta is the kind of dinner that's instantly elevated with a perfect wine pairing.
Our choice: Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio! It's crisp, refreshing, and has a clean, intense aroma with a bone-dry taste (and appealing flavor of Golden Delicious apples). It has been our white wine of choice for years - it's a family favorite!
We're so thrilled to be partnering with Santa Margherita this year to share how we enjoy their wines for special occasions and daily enjoyment.
I love Pinot Grigio especially for its versatility - it pairs well with ingredients like cheese, pasta, fresh summer produce, seafood, etc. We recently paired it with this spring-y Asparagus & Pea Risotto - so good!
We've been bringing a bottle on the boat just about every weekend - we keep it chilled and then pop it open in the late afternoon. Truly the best summer wine!
More summer weeknight dinner recipes
In addition to this refreshing, simple burst cherry tomato pasta, these are a few more of our favorite easy dishes:
- Grilled Romaine Salad with Vegan Ranch
- Vegan Asian Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with White Bean Salad
- Spicy Black Bean & Cauliflower Tacos
- Mediterranean Grilled Tofu Kebabs
If you make this simple vegan burst cherry tomato pasta, we’d love for you to leave a comment and rating below! We also love to see your creations on Instagram – tag us at @crowded_kitchen so we can see what you’ve been cooking.Print
This simple burst cherry tomato pasta is a summer weeknight dinner hero. Best served with a chilled glass of white wine and herbs straight from your garden.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan
- ⅓ cup vegan mozzarella-style cheese
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 16 oz linguine pasta (gluten free or regular)
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. When softened, add butter and white wine and let reduce for a min or two.
- Add tomatoes and sauté until softened and blistered. Add herbs and cheese. Add drained pasta and toss well to coat in sauce.
- Top with more cheese, basil and red pepper flakes. Serve with a chilled glass of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Pasta
Keywords: burst cherry tomato pasta