This Vegan Mushroom Fettuccine with Spinach and Walnuts is ready in just 20 minutes! The creamy vegan sauce is made with just a few simple pantry ingredients.
- 4 tbsp vegan butter, divided
- 1 large shallot, diced (or 1 small yellow onion)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup plain vegan creamer/heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, reserve half for topping
- 1 8 oz box of Explore Cuisine Edamame and Mung Bean Fettuccine
- 4–6 oz vegan ricotta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1-2 tsp salt. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add 2 tbsp butter to a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add additional 2 tbsp butter, garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes, until mushrooms start to soften.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, toast the chopped walnuts in a small pan over medium heat, stirring often to prevent burning, for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, creamer, salt and pepper to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until it starts to thicken.
- Add in spinach, parsley, lemon juice, walnuts and cooked pasta. Toss until spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with vegan ricotta or parmesan (optional).
Make sure the vegan creamer/heavy cream sub is unsweetened!
Keywords: vegan mushroom fettuccine