This refreshing cucumber salad with spicy, salty and gingery Asian dressing is cooling and welcome any day of the summer.
- 2 large cucumbers or 6 mini, sliced thinly
- 1 small shallot, minced or thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp chile garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro and green onion for topping
- Combine shallot, rice vinegar, tamari, coconut sugar, chile garlic sauce, sesame oil, minced ginger, minced garlic and salt in a jar or small bowl.
- Add sliced cucumbers to a large serving bowl, top with dressing and toss. Top with chopped cilantro and green onions for garnish.