There's really nothing better than a giant, fluffy stack of these
2019 is the year of working on gluten free/vegan recipes for all of our favorite baking staples, which includes cookies, doughnuts, cakes, muffins, waffles, pancakes (and plenty more!).
It's our mission to provide you with recipes that suit your dietary needs but still taste amazing, which isn't always the case with gluten free/vegan recipes.
After a few weeks of testing various combinations and recipes, we recently came up with a standard gluten free all purpose flour recipe that we've been using in most of our baked goods, and it's been a total game changer!
It's what makes these gluten free vegan blueberry pancakes so fluffy and delicious. Side note - if you don't have time to make the homemade mix, we suggest using this store-bought blend.
Our biggest grievance with gluten free/vegan baked goods is usually the texture. Gluten is what makes traditional baked goods so dang good - it provides elasticity and helps dough maintain its shape.
It's difficult to replicate the texture and function of gluten. That's why
It's our personal mission to test as many recipes as we can to get as close to that texture as possible, so you can actually look forward to baking, even at breakfast time! Almost all of our recipes are also vegan.
This is how we choose to eat, and by making our recipes free from animal products, we can ensure that almost everyone can enjoy them.
These vegan blueberry pancakes are the result of quite a few rounds of testing. We finally got the texture just right!
They're not gummy, gluey, or uncooked in the center (as most gluten free pancake mixes are). Fresh blueberries add a refreshing pop of color and flavor. You can certainly substitute with your favorite fruit (bananas would be amazing) or even chocolate chips!
To make this recipe nut free, substitute nut milk for another non-dairy option like oat or soy milk.
Similar to our breakfast recipe for homemade crispy
The texture is amazingly just like egg whites! After whipping, we gently fold the
Happy weekend brunching!
More weekend brunch favorites
- Vegan "Chicken" and Waffles
- Vegan Carrot Lox Platter
- Vegan Southwest Breakfast Skillet
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Waffles
There's really nothing better than a giant, fluffy stack of blueberry pancakes on Saturday morning. These ones happen to be gluten free, vegan, and absolutely delicious! Best served with a healthy amount of vegan whipped cream, fresh blueberries, granola and maple syrup.
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum*
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whipped aquafaba
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip aquafaba on medium-high for about 10 minutes, or until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients - milk, melted butter, vanilla and sugar. Whisk dry ingredients into wet until mostly incorporated.
- Gently fold 1 cup aquafaba into mix with a spatula until incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-low and let batter sit while skillet heats.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion out pancake batter. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Repeat with all batter. Top with vegan whipped cream, blueberries, granola and maple syrup!
*If using a store-bought gluten free flour blend, check label to see if it contains xanthan gum. If so, omit the extra amount from this recipe.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan gluten free blueberry pancakes