There’s really nothing better than a giant, fluffy stack of blueberry pancakes on Saturday morning. These ones happen to be gluten free, vegan, and absolutely delicious! Best served with a healthy amount of vegan whipped cream, fresh blueberries, granola and maple syrup.
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum*
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whipped aquafaba
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip aquafaba on medium-high for about 10 minutes, or until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients – milk, melted butter, vanilla and sugar. Whisk dry ingredients into wet until mostly incorporated.
- Gently fold 1 cup aquafaba into mix with a spatula until incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-low and let batter sit while skillet heats.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion out pancake batter. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Repeat with all batter. Top with vegan whipped cream, blueberries, granola and maple syrup!
*If using a store-bought gluten free flour blend, check label to see if it contains xanthan gum. If so, omit the extra amount from this recipe.