Every time I make granola, I have the intention of using as part of my weekly meal prep, for use in smoothie bowls, etc. for the week. Somehow, it never seems to last more than two days (maximum), mostly because it’s just so damn good. While there are definitely a few store bought brands we absolutely love, nothing beats a batch of homemade granola – especially when it’s made with comforting fall spices!
With that being said, we’d highly recommend making a double (or even triple) batch, especially if you’ve got a house full of granola-lovers. My favorite way to eat this granola is straight out of the jar, by the handful, but it’s also a great topping for smoothie bowls, pumpkin chia pudding, or as a cereal alternative with homemade nut milk.
If you can refrain from eating the whole jar yourself, this would make a lovely DIY holiday gift. Simply package it in a beautiful glass jar and complete the package with a burlap ribbon and hand-written note!Print
Both gluten free and vegan, this homemade pumpkin spice granola is delicious on its own, or as a topping for smoothie bowls, chia pudding or with homemade dairy free milk!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spic
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- Preheat oven to 315 F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in oats until well coated. Add pecans and pepitas and stir.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stir slightly to prevent burning, then return to oven for 15 minutes (45 min total bake time) or until granola is golden brown.
- Let cool completely before breaking up into clusters. Store in airtight glass container for up to a week and a half.