These Apple Pie Overnight Oats with chia seeds are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and the perfect way to wake up on a beautiful fall morning! Make a batch ahead of time and bring on-the-go on a busy morning.
What better way to wake up on a crisp October morning than with a pre-made, delicious breakfast filled with all of your fall favorites?
If you know our family, you know that we’re not usually the type to plan ahead. However, every once in a while, we attempt to fit in a bit of meal prep to make life easier on busy days.
In addition to homemade nut milk, overnight oats are a meal prep go-to for us. At the simplest end of the spectrum, we throw together a half cup of oats, a cup of nut milk, a heaping spoonful of chia seeds & some cinnamon & vanilla and call it a day. In the morning, you’ll have a simple, customizable breakfast to grab on your way out of the door.
When we’re feeling a bit fancier (and far more prepared), we mix it up with fresh, seasonal ingredients. During apple season, we love to make homemade apple sauce because:
1. It tastes infinitely better than anything you can buy in most stores, and
2: It will infuse your entire home with the heavenly scent of fall.
In addition to being a great snack, it’s also an excellent topper to these apple pie overnight oats. You can store it for up to a week in the refrigerator. In this recipe, we made an apple-pear sauce, but you can substitute with all apples if you so desire.
While this recipe would certainly be fine without the date-walnut crust, it lends a bit more texture & flavor. It also makes these overnight oats a filling, balanced breakfast that will keep you full through late morning.
Here are a few more of our favorite overnight oat recipes - all gluten free and vegan:
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats - another classic dessert, made breakfast-friendly.
- S'mores Overnight Chia Oats - We still haven't decided if this is breakfast or dessert, but either way...yum!
- Vegan Baklava Overnights Oats via Nadia's Healthy Kitchen - how good does this sound?
- Golden Milk Turmeric Overnight Oats - infused with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and other warming spices.
If you make these vegan Apple Pie Chia Overnight Oats, we’d love for you to leave a comment and rating below! We also love to see your creations on Instagram – tag us at @crowded_kitchen so we can see what you’ve been cooking.Print
Like apple pie, but much healthier and suitable for breakfast!
Date Walnut Crust:
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- 6 dates (soaked in water for 10 min)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 tbsp apple cider
- Soak dates in room temp water for 10-15 minutes. Drain water.
- Combine all crust ingredients in food processor and pulse until coarsely blended.
- Press crust loosely into bottom of jar.
- In a small bowl, combine all overnight oat ingredients and stir well to eliminate any clumps.
- Pour oats into jar on top of crust.
- In a small saucepan, cook diced apple and pear at medium-low heat until soft.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and mash with fork. (You can also blend for a less chunky texture!)
- Top off the jar with the applesauce and seal with lid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, top with chopped pecans, pomegranate seeds, and caramel sauce if you’re feeling indulgent!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American