Both gluten free and vegan, this homemade pumpkin spice granola is delicious on its own, or as a topping for smoothie bowls, chia pudding or with homemade dairy free milk!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice blend*
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- Preheat oven to 315 F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in oats until well coated. Add pecans and pepitas and stir.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stir slightly to prevent burning, then return to oven for 15 minutes (45 min total bake time) or until granola is golden brown.
- Let cool completely before breaking up into clusters. Store in airtight glass container for up to a week and a half.
*Don't have any pumpkin spice blend on hand? Make it yourself. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 1-2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2-1 tsp ground cloves and optional: 1/2 tsp allspice. Simply make sure everything is well-incorporated before adding to your recipe!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin spice granola