This Grilled Corn, Black Bean & Avocado Salad with mango and a jalapeño lime vinaigrette is a delicious summer side dish. Perfect for serving alongside your favorite grilled entree (vegan or not), as an appetizer, or as a salsa for tacos.
I'm all about lettuce-less salads. They're so much easier to make (and eat!). Don't get me wrong, I love a good kale or spinach salad for lunch. But this salad, with its creamy avocado, grilled corn and black beans, is much easier for entertaining.
It's also multi-purpose. You can serve it as a side dish, an appetizer (served with tortilla chips) or as a salsa. It's also great served chilled or room temperature, so it's perfect for bringing to a potluck.
This salad is full of fresh, summery flavors like mango, lime, cilantro, avocado, and perfectly grilled corn.
Aside from grilling the corn, you can throw the whole salad together in about 5 minutes! That's definitely my kind of recipe - easy, quick and delicious.
We love serving this kind of fresh corn and avocado salad at summer BBQ's and holidays. (Don't forget: Memorial Day is this weekend!)
It's always a favorite and actually gets eaten, unlike boring chopped salads. You can also prep this summery side dish ahead of time if you're taking it to an event. In fact, it actually tastes better after marinating for a few hours. When made ahead of time, the flavor has a chance to develop together!
Looking to serve this veggie-packed salad alongside a delicious vegan main dish? We suggest these gluten free smoky veggie burgers.
You also can't go wrong with a basic cauliflower steak, or even grilled portobello mushrooms. Another favorite: grilled tofu kebabs! There are so many creative vegan options out there. Don't limit yourself to boring, unseasoned veggies!
More Salads for Summer Entertaining
Looking for more flavorful vegan salad recipes like this grilled corn, black bean & avocado salad? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Corn, Avocado & Arugula Salad with a basil vinaigrette
- Peach Blueberry Panzanella Salad (gluten free)
- Spring Potato Salad with Asparagus and Peas
- Kale Tahini Caesar Salad with Crispy Chickpeas (our go-to salad!)
This Grilled Corn, Black Bean & Avocado with mango and a jalapeño lime vinaigrette is a delicious summer side dish. Perfect for serving alongside a vegan or non-vegan grilled main dish, as an appetizer, or as a salsa for tacos.
- 3 ears of corn, grilled
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 1/2 cup diced mango
- 2 15. oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- For garnish: fresh cilantro, lime
Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely minced jalapeño (1 small jalapeño)
- 1 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp maple, agave, or honey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill corn for 8-10 minutes, turning a few times to char on all sides.
- Remove from grill and slice kernels off cob into a large bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients and stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette. Pour over salad, stir well and enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled corn salad