This black bean mango salad with grilled corn and a jalapeño lime vinaigrette is a delicious summer side dish. Perfect for serving alongside a vegan or non-vegan grilled main dish, as an appetizer, or as a salsa for tacos.
- 3 ears of corn, grilled
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 1/2 cup diced mango
- 2 15. oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- For garnish: fresh cilantro, lime
Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely minced jalapeno (1 small jalapeno)
- 1 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp maple, agave, or honey
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill corn for 8-10 minutes, turning a few times to char on all sides.
- Remove from grill and slice kernels off cob into a large bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients and stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette. Pour over salad, stir well and enjoy!
We like to serve this black bean mango salad as a summery side dish alongside grilled veggies or meats.
Make ahead: This is a great salad to make ahead since it actually tastes better after sitting for a few hours. For maximum flavor, we suggest making this salad a minimum of 3 hours before serving to give the dressing plenty of time to flavor the beans and corn.
Cooking the corn: We'd recommend cooking the corn unhusked. Make sure to turn the corn frequently, as it can burn rather easily on the grill.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Salad
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Sodium: 712.1 mg
- Fat: 19.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.4 g
- Fiber: 11.4 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
Keywords: black bean mango salad