If you have a craving for a nice cocktail, try this blood orange margarita with kombucha.
After a pretty hectic week, I'm quite looking forward to spending the evening on my couch with a batch of these margaritas and a few slices of pizza.
Who's with me?! Okay, so maybe these would be better with chips and guac, but I've been craving pizza all week and I've got a pretty hard leg workout planned this afternoon, so I'm going with my instinct. Margaritas are definitely the choice cocktail in our house. Especially if we have a big group of people over, they're easy to make in the blender for a huge batch. Plus, tequila is both mine and my mom's favorite liquor.
As it's still January and we're doing pretty well on limiting our sugar intake, we added a touch of pomegranate kombucha to these instead of a whole bunch of simple syrup. If you don't drink alcohol, these are also great as a mocktail! Simply replace the tequila with more blood orange juice and you'll be good to go.
Salted rims are a must in our house. For these, we used an amazing lemon salt from FalkSalt. Not only is the color gorgeous, but it also adds a bright punch to each sip. We also crushed the salt up before using so it would stick better to the rim. Another stunning alternative is to use pink himalayan salt! If you don't have either, regular salt will work just fine.
Enjoy your weekend and cheers!
For other delicious cocktails like this Blood Orange Margarita check these recipes out:Print
Kombucha adds a nice kick to these sweet, tangy blood orange margaritas.
- 6 oz fresh blood orange juice
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 oz Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 4 oz kombucha (we used pomegranate)
- For garnish: fine salt, blood orange and mint
- Rim two glasses with a lime and dip in fine salt.
- Juice blood oranges and limes. Combine blood orange juice, lime juice, tequila and triple sec in cocktail shaker over ice. Shake for 30 seconds and pour into two chilled glasses filled with ice.
- Top off with kombucha and give it a stir. Garnish with mint and blood orange. Enjoy!
- Category: Cocktails