This Greek Chickpea Salad is ready in 10 minutes for the perfect easy lunch or light dinner! It's packed with crunchy vegetables, olives, feta cheese, chickpeas and a zesty homemade Greek dressing. This is the perfect filling and healthy salad to add to your meal prep rotation.
🥗 Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy: This Greek chickpea salad is ready in less than 10 minutes! The perfect easy lunch, light dinner or side dish.
- Allergy friendly: naturally gluten free and vegan-friendly (just sub the feta with a vegan alternative) for everyone to enjoy.
- Meal prep friendly: this is our #1 make-ahead salad. It stores perfectly in the fridge and doesn't get soggy since there's no lettuce.
- SO much better than a plain, boring chopped salad, but it still makes use of plenty of fresh vegetables. A great recipe to get picky eaters to eat more salad!
Here are the key ingredients you'll need to make this easy Greek chickpea salad:
📋 Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Canned chickpeas: Drain and rinse well before using.
- Kalamata olives: It's easiest to buy a jar of pitted, halved kalamata olives so you don't have to do any extra work. We always keep a jar in the fridge.
- If you don't like kalamata olives, you can sub them with marinated artichokes or a milder olive, like castelvetrano olives.
- Feta cheese: Use regular feta of choice, or if you are vegan or dairy free, try this VioLife vegan feta – it's SO good!
- I'm not a fan of raw red onion, but if you are, feel free to add some to this salad. You can also add quick pickled red onion for some extra zing.
- For some extra spice, add some chopped pepperoncini peppers.
- Avocado makes for a great topping and a nice way to add more healthy fats!
- Serve on a bed of leafy greens like romaine, spinach, or butter lettuce.
- Not a fan of chickpeas? Try white beans instead.
- Crunch factor: top with seeds (I like sea salted sunflower seeds) or croutons.
Start by making the Greek salad dressing. Whisk together red wine vinegar, freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
Prepping the vegetables for the salad is quick and easy. Be sure to chop everything roughly the same size so it's easy to eat.
Once the vegetables are prepped, add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss well with your homemade Greek dressing.
You can either mix the feta into the salad or add it just before serving as a topping.
That's it – the perfect, filling, delicious, healthy Greek chickpea salad in 10 minutes!
🎥 Video Tutorial
💭 Expert Tips and FAQs
- Don't skip the dijon mustard! Dijon acts as an emulsifier, so the dressing gets thick and creamy.
- The dressing will separate as it sits, so be sure to whisk it up well before serving.
- Store the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a few weeks. I store mine in a glass jar and shake it up well before using. It's so nice to have some on hand for a quick lunch!
- You can also use the dressing as a marinade for proteins or drizzled onto roasted potatoes. Yum!
We love this Greek chickpea salad alongside a grilled protein. For non-vegans, serve with grilled chicken or fish. For vegans, try this grilled tofu!
It's also great with these cauliflower steaks or with a simple sandwich or soup (like this creamy cauliflower soup).
Since this salad doesn't contain any lettuce, it will last up to 5 days in a sealed container. You may want to add the cheese in just before serving.
Feel free to add any of the following: celery, red onion, avocado, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and/or pepperoncini peppers.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with us through social media by following us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook or by subscribing to our newsletter.Print
This Greek Chickpea Salad is ready in 10 minutes for the perfect easy lunch or light dinner! It's packed with crunchy vegetables, olives, feta, chickpeas and a zesty homemade Greek dressing. This is the perfect filling and healthy salad to add to your meal prep rotation.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups diced cucumbers
- 1 ½ cups diced mini bell peppers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (regular or vegan)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add to a mixing bowl with cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and olives.
- Whisk together all ingredients for Greek dressing.
- Toss salad in dressing and top with feta. Enjoy!
Make an extra batch or two of dressing and store in a glass jar in the fridge for a marinade for proteins or to use for a quick lunch!
Storage: You can store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Feta cheese: Use your favorite feta cheese in this salad. Or, if you're vegan, there are now several vegan feta alternatives on the market that work well in this Greek chickpea salad!
Other add-ins: Feel free to add any of the following: celery, red onion, avocado, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and/or pepperoncini peppers.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 774.7 mg
- Fat: 22.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 9.7 g
Keywords: Greek chickpea salad