This Cranberry Orange Whiskey Cocktail is the perfect boozy complement to your Thanksgiving menu! Or really, any menu. In fact, we love it paired with these Wild Rice Stuffed Mini Pumpkins with Herbed Breadcrumbs.
This whiskey cocktail has a warming, slightly tart, slightly sweet flavor. We topped it off with a bit of refreshing ginger beer for a kick.
Listen up Metro Detroit-ers! We’ll be making this cocktail at our upcoming workshop in Birmingham, MI at West Elm! We’re partnering with LPF Blooms for a Charcuterie + Cocktail Tasting and Holiday Wreath Making Workshop on December 6th at 5pm. The event is limited to 15 guests and is expected to sell out quickly, so grab yours today. We’d also love for you to send us an email or comment below about other workshops you’d like to see us host!Print
One of our all-time favorite cocktail recipes, this whiskey cocktail is the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
- 1 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
- 3 oz orange juice (freshly squeezed is preferable)
- 2 oz whiskey
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 oz ginger beer
- Add all ingredients except ginger beer to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds and strain into chilled glass.
- Top off with ginger beer and garnish with orange peel and fresh thyme (optional)
Homemade simple syrup is easy to make – we always keep a batch on hand. Simply bring equal parts sugar and water to a simmer in a small saucepan, stir until sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let cool. For a small batch, we suggest 1/2 cup each of sugar and water. Store in refrigerator.