One of our all-time favorite cocktail recipes, this whiskey cocktail is the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
- 1 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
- 3 oz orange juice (freshly squeezed is preferable)
- 2 oz whiskey
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 oz ginger beer
- Add all ingredients except ginger beer to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds and strain into chilled glass.
- Top off with ginger beer and garnish with orange peel and fresh thyme (optional)
Homemade simple syrup is easy to make - we always keep a batch on hand. Simply bring equal parts sugar and water to a simmer in a small saucepan, stir until sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let cool. For a small batch, we suggest 1/2 cup each of sugar and water. Store in refrigerator.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry orange whiskey cocktail