These healthy Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are one of the most delicious breakfasts to start your day! They're vegan, gluten free and a much healthier alternative to actual carrot cake. Meal prep a big batch for on-the-go breakfast all week.
Like most children (and many adults), I once despised carrot cake. I'm not sure I ever really tasted it, but I didn't go out of my way to try any. Now that I'm older, wiser, and put things like algae in my smoothies (yup, spirulina is algae), I'm giving carrot cake a much-deserved second (or first) chance.
After indulging in a few too many pieces of vegan carrot cake at an amazing local bakery when I was in college, I've developed quite an affinity for anything carrot cake. These incredible vegan + gluten free carrot cake cupcakes are one of my favorite recipes we've ever created. I highly suggest giving them a try! We also have an option in cake form.
These vegan carrot cake overnight oats make for a secretly healthy and hearty on-the-go breakfast! The shredded carrots and chopped dates add enough natural sweetness that we didn't have to add any additional sweetener. If you'd prefer them a bit sweeter, however, we suggest adding a touch of maple syrup.
If you're really looking for a full carrot cake experience, we suggest topping these oats off with a dollop of vegan yogurt. Yogurt adds that savory tang you typically get from a good cream cheese frosting. If you not dairy free or vegan, regular greek yogurt will work.
When it comes to other toppings, we like to keep it simple with fresh berries and chopped nuts. I also love these with sliced oranges on top - so refreshing!
Looking for more easy vegan breakfast recipes like these carrot cake overnight oats? Try these:
- Maple Vanilla Chia Pudding
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas
These dessert-inspired overnight oats are great on-the-go or enjoyed in the comfort of your own home.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or other nondairy alternative
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Toppings: vegan yogurt, berries, chopped nuts
- Shred approximately 2 large carrots using a food processor with a shredder attachment or a regular grater.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almond milk, shredded carrots, chopped dates, cinnamon, chia seeds and vanilla extract. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Divide mixture in half between two jars.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 46.9 g
- Sodium: 121.2 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 88.1 g
- Fiber: 12.9 g
- Protein: 9.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: carrot cake overnight oats