Looking for a quick, healthy and flavorful dinner or meal prep recipe? Try these easy vegan Spring Roll Bowls with crispy tofu, avocado
Spring Roll Bowls: the Fast Weeknight Dinner Solution
Busy weeknights call for quick and easy dinners, but there’s no need to skimp on flavor. We’re huge advocates of bowl dinners because they’re easy to throw together. Plus, we can use up leftover produce and pantry ingredients. Dinner bowls are also very customizable. Basically all you need is a grain or carbohydrate, a protein, some form of healthy fat and all of the vegetables you can possibly fit. The more vegetables you add, the more colorful, satisfying and nutritionally beneficial your dinner will be. Plus, the veggies in these vegan spring roll bowls are raw, which helps this dinner come together in less than 30 minutes.
For this Asian-inspired bowl, we used rice noodles, crispy tofu, avocado
Or, try this recipe for simple vegan meal prep
These were so delicious that we ended up eating the whole batch for lunch instead of saving them for dinner. The best part of this recipe? Other than pressing the tofu ahead of time, you can throw these colorful and healthy spring roll bowls together in less than 30 minutes. You could therefore easily make them as part of your weekly meal prep. If you do, I’d suggest swapping rice noodles for white or brown rice, which store better and will last through the week. (FYI: we are working on our meal prep game and have been curating a vegan meal prep Pinterest board for ideas here!)
Need a few more easy weeknight bowl dinner ideas? Try these:
- Savory Vegan Oatmeal with Mushrooms, Kale and Avocado. Who says oatmeal is just a breakfast food? This bowl will convince you otherwise.
- Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocados. Technically, the taco is the bowl. Genius, right?
- Sesame Orange Black Rice with Five Spice Baked Tofu. A super flavorful and unique weeknight dinner!
- Green Curry Coconut Rice with Chickpeas, Mushrooms and Greens. The rice is SO flavorful, I could eat it plain all day!
We hope you give these other easy recipes a try after enjoying your vegan spring roll bowls!Print
Looking for a quick, healthy and flavorful dinner recipe? Try these Spring Roll Bowls with Crispy Tofu, Avocado and a Sesame Miso Dressing! Vegan, gluten free and on the table in 30 minutes.
- 1 package rice noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot or corn starch
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 2–3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup purple (red) cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small avocado, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
Sesame Miso Dressing:
- ¼ cup sesame oil (regular or toasted)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- Drain tofu and pat dry with a towel. If you have time, wrap in towel and press with a heavy object for 30 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible. This results in perfectly crispy tofu, but it’s not completely necessary.
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium and add sesame oil. Dice tofu and toss in arrowroot or cornstarch. Toss until well coated. Transfer tofu to pan and cook for a few minutes on each side, until browned and crispy. Don’t crowd the pan – you may have to cook in two batches if you’re using a small pan.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- To prepare dressing, whisk all ingredients together. When noodles are finished cooking, toss in about half of dressing.
- Assemble bowls with noodles, sliced vegetables, tofu and drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with peanuts, sesame seeds, green onion, cilantro and a lime wedge.
If you’d like to make this for meal prep, swap rice noodles with regular cooked brown or white rice. It will store much better in the refrigerator.