Looking for a quick, healthy and flavorful dinner recipe? Try these Spring Roll Bowls with Crispy Tofu, Avocado and a Sesame Miso Dressing! Vegan, gluten free and on the table in 30 minutes when prepped ahead of time.
- 1 package rice noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 12 oz package extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot or corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 cup purple (red) cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small avocado, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
Sesame Miso Dressing:
- ¼ cup sesame oil (regular or toasted)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp mild white miso
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Drain the tofu and place it on a clean dish towel or several layers of paper towels. Slice the tofu in half so you have 2 equal but thinner rectangles of tofu. Then cube it and cover it with the rest of the dish towel or more layers of paper towels. Press with a heavy object (cast iron skillet, cookbooks, cutting board) for 30-40 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible. This results in perfectly crispy tofu.
- Put tofu in a medium bowl and toss gently in toasted sesame oil to coat. Then add in the arrowroot or cornstarch and salt and toss again until all of the tofu is coated and there are no powdery spots left. Spread the tofu out on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes until it is crispy and lightly browned. Give the tofu a gentle stir once or twice while it is baking.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- To prepare dressing, whisk all ingredients together. When noodles are finished cooking, toss in about half of dressing.
- Assemble bowls with noodles, sliced vegetables, tofu and drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with peanuts, sesame seeds, green onion, cilantro and a lime wedge.
If you'd like to make this for meal prep, swap rice noodles with regular cooked brown or white rice. It will store much better in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Sodium: 542.8 mg
- Fat: 37.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.6 g
- Fiber: 9.5 g
- Protein: 15 g
Keywords: vegan spring roll bowls