We developed this vegan carrot cake recipe for Suncore Foods, but it was too delicious not to share with you!
This super moist gluten free & vegan cake is topped with an addictive cream cheese frosting and fresh figs (optional). We’re not lying when we tell you the whole thing was gone within a few hours!
Another show-stopping fruit topped cake we’re craving right now is this veganLemon Almond Layer Cake with Vanilla Frosting.Print
This carrot cake is EVERYTHING. Super moist, packed with surprisingly healthy ingredients, and topped with fresh figs and the most delicious vegan cream cheese frosting.
- 2 flax eggs (1 tbsp flax meal to 2.5 tbsp water per egg)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened at room temp
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Suncore Hemp Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Suncore Turmeric Powder
- 2 cups gluten free cake flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp coloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 3/4 cups golden raisins
Vegan cream cheese frosting:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened at room temp
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Stir flax meal with water in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk sugar, coconut sugar, coconut oil, applesauce, flax eggs and vanilla. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients.
- Stir in chopped nuts, golden raisins, and carrot.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and grease edges lightly with coconut oil. Pour in batter and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting. Top with chopped nuts and fresh figs.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add vanilla and mix until incorporated. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until you reach desired consistency.