We developed this recipe for Suncore Foods, but it was too delicious not to share with you!
This super moist gluten free & vegan cake is topped with an addictive cream cheese frosting and fresh figs (optional). We’re not lying when we tell you the whole thing was gone within a few hours!Print
This carrot cake is EVERYTHING. Super moist, packed with surprisingly healthy ingredients, and topped with fresh figs and the most delicious vegan cream cheese frosting.
- 2 flax eggs (1 tbsp flax meal to 2.5 tbsp water per egg)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened at room temp
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Suncore Hemp Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Suncore Turmeric Powder
- 2 cups gluten free cake flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp coloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 3/4 cups golden raisins
Vegan cream cheese frosting:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened at room temp
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Stir flax meal with water in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk sugar, coconut sugar, coconut oil, applesauce, flax eggs and vanilla. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients.
- Stir in chopped nuts, golden raisins, and carrot.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and grease edges lightly with coconut oil. Pour in batter and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting. Top with chopped nuts and fresh figs.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add vanilla and mix until incorporated. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until you reach desired consistency.