These dessert-inspired overnight oats are great on-the-go or enjoyed in the comfort of your own home.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or other nondairy alternative
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Toppings: vegan yogurt, berries, chopped nuts
- Shred approximately 2 large carrots using a food processor with a shredder attachment or a regular grater.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almond milk, shredded carrots, chopped dates, cinnamon, chia seeds and vanilla extract. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Divide mixture in half between two jars.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!