Sautéed wild mushrooms + vegan ricotta + microgreens = my favorite savory toast combination of all time!
I could eat this sautéed mushroom mix on a daily basis – we used a few of our favorites, including shiitakes, chanterelles, beech mushrooms and a few enoki mushrooms. They’re cooked down with plenty of vegan butter, a splash of white wine, salt, pepper, fresh garlic and shallots, and fresh herbs (parsley, thyme and rosemary). Oh, and a few chopped walnuts for crunch!
The sautéed mushroom base is amazing in this vegan risotto, but we also love to eat it plain on this toast for lunch paired with vegan ricotta and refreshing microgreens.
We used Canyon Gluten Free 7 Grain Bread – our favorite option for toast! Here are a few more of our favorite toast ideas using Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free bread:
We enjoy this mushroom toast as a snack or light lunch, but it would also make a great crostini appetizer for your holiday party!Print
The sautéed mushrooms are cooked down in vegan butter, a splash of wine and plenty of fresh herbs – they’re delicious enough to eat on their own, but we love adding them to toast for a quick, easy lunch.
- 4 slices Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free 7-Grain Bread
- 1/2 cup vegan ricotta-style cheese
- 1 cup microgreens
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallots
- 4 cups mixed wild mushrooms, sliced thinly (we used a mix of chanterelle, shiitake, enoki & beech mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp miso
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- Heat a sauté pan to medium and add butter.
- Sauté garlic and shallots for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add white wine, tamari and miso and stir. Continue cooking until wine is reduced and mushrooms are tender and fragrant.
- Add seasoning, herbs and walnuts and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve on toast over some vegan ricotta and microgreens. Enjoy!
This is the vegan ricotta we typically use.