The sautéed mushrooms are cooked down in vegan butter, a splash of wine and plenty of fresh herbs - they're delicious enough to eat on their own, but we love adding them to toast for a quick, easy lunch.
- 4 slices bread of choice
- 1/2 cup vegan ricotta-style cheese
- 1 cup microgreens
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallots
- 4 cups mixed wild mushrooms, sliced thinly (we used a mix of chanterelle, shiitake, enoki & beech mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp miso
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- Heat a sauté pan to medium and add butter.
- Sauté garlic and shallots for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add white wine, tamari and miso and stir. Continue cooking until wine is reduced and mushrooms are tender and fragrant.
- Add seasoning, herbs and walnuts and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve on toast over some vegan ricotta and microgreens. Enjoy!
This is the vegan ricotta we typically use.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop