To say these were a hit amongst family and friends is an understatement – they elicited abnormally positive reviews from all of our taste testers, without exception!
Before trying these, we were a bit concerned about the texture due to the alcohol content. Surprisingly, despite the addition of both prosecco and tequila, they hardened up well and didn’t melt quickly. We always use stainless steel popsicle molds, which we have found work far better than their plastic counterparts, especially when there’s alcohol involved. Enjoy these on a hot summer evening, or bring to your next summer bbq (in a well-insulated cooler, of course)!Print
These boozy popsicles were a huge hit amongst our family and friends – next time, we’re making a double or triple batch!
- 3 cups fresh watermelon juice
- Juice from 1 lime
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 4 oz tequila
- 12 oz prosecco
- Pinch of sea salt
- 10 oz frozen peaches
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 1/2 oz tequila
- 4 1/2 oz prosecco
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add watermelon juice, lime juice, agave and salt to blender and blend well. Pour in bowl and whisk in tequila and prosecco.
- Pour into popsicle molds, filling about 2/3 of the way. Place in freezer for one hour.
- Add frozen peaches, lime juice, orange juice, pineapple, agave and salt to blender and blend well. Pour in bowl and whisk in tequila and prosecco. Remove popsicle molds from freezer and top off with peach mixture. Return to freezer until completely solid – approximately 8 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy any leftover juice as a cocktail!
- When ready to serve, run popsicle molds under warm water for a few seconds to easily release. Enjoy immediately, or store in container in freezer, separate each popsicle with parchment paper so they don’t stick.
We have found that stainless steel popsicle molds work much better than plastic ones, especially with recipes involving alcohol.