We took watermelon and peach--two of our favorite summer flavors--and combined them with prosecco and tequila to create these easy, refreshing, and delicious popsicles. Is it a dessert? Is it a cocktail? It's both!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen watermelon, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups frozen or fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 3 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 oz prosecco or other sparkling wine
- 3 oz silver tequila
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add 4 cups watermelon, 4 cups peaches, 1/2 cup agave syrup, 3 oz lime juice, 3 oz tequila and a pinch of salt to the blender. Blend until everything is smooth and well mixed.
- Slowly pour in the Prosecco. Stir well to combine. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to let the bubbles die down.
- Stir again, then pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 8-10 hours or overnight. If you want to make fewer popsicles, feel free to enjoy any leftover liquid as a cocktail or simply cut the recipe in half.
- When ready to serve, remove popsicles from freezer and let sit for 10 minutes so that they are easier to remove from molds. Due to the alcohol content, these will not freeze as solidly as other popsicles so enjoy them immediately.
- They will store in an airtight container for a few weeks. To keep them from sticking, add a layer of parchment paper between each popsicle.
Popsicle molds: We have found that stainless steel popsicle molds work much better than plastic ones, especially with recipes involving alcohol.
Storage: The best way to store these is to remove them from their molds, then stack them in an airtight container with a sheet of parchment paper in between each popsicle.
Make sure to let the mixture sit for 15-20 minutes after pouring the prosecco into the mixture. This will make your life much easier when it comes time to pour into the molds.
Prosecco: We used prosecco in this recipe, but any sparkling wine will do the job, including cava, sparkling rosé and champagne.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Popsicle
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 130.4 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.9 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
Keywords: watermelon prosecco popsicles