Anyone that’s been to our house for a dinner party (or any occasion, really) can confirm that we’re big on the colorful fruit & veggie trays. Can you blame us? A cruidité platter is such an easy and healthy way to spruce up any appetizer spread. And the more color, the larger variety of nutrients. We’ve always joked that we should go into the platter and dip catering business – our friends and family love them!
This crudité platter is (clearly) heavily influenced by spring produce (yay!), including peas, gorgeous radishes, carrots and green beans. Because every good platter needs an equally delicious dip, we decided to play around with a recipe for vegan ranch dressing. I’ve never been the hugest ranch fan, but I think it’s because of how processed it typically is. This homemade (dairy free) vegan ranch, however, way surpassed any store bought ranch I’ve had in the past. Plus, it’s easy enough to whip up in five minutes (no blender required!).
Give this beautiful crudité platter and vegan ranch dip a try next weekend for your Easter brunch, or any other Spring-related weekend activities you have planned!Print
No blender needed to make this easy vegan ranch. Best paired with fresh vegetables!
- 1/2 cup plain cashew (or other nondairy) yogurt
- 1 tbsp nut milk for consistency
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp onion powder
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp fresh dill
- Chop herbs finely. In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, nut milk and apple cider vinegar until smooth. Add in herbs and spices and whisk or stir well. Enjoy with fresh vegetables!