Going to keep this super short – this vegan spinach artichoke dip is OFF THE CHARTS and you need to go make it immediately! When it comes to recipes that involve vegan cheese, the rest of our family tends to be a bit skeptical, but everyone agreed that this dip tastes really, really similar to the “real” version made with dairy.
Basically, all you have to do is sauté shallots, garlic, artichokes and some spinach and kale (kale is optional, but we love it), then stir into the vegan cheese dip, pour into a large skillet, top with a generous amount of vegan parmesan and bake for 5-7 minutes, until the dip is warm and the vegan cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
We serve ours with oven-toasted Canyon Gluten Free bread – it’s the perfect pairing! Before toasting, we brush each slice with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Yum!
If you’ve been following us for a while, you know how much we love their bread. If you’re gluten free or are hosting gluten free guests this holiday season, we highly suggest picking up a few loaves. You can find their store locator here! As promised, keeping it short today, so on to the recipe…Print
There are truly no words to describe this heavenly vegan spinach artichoke dip, so you’ll just have to try it yourself!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, sliced thinly
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can artichokes, diced
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 cups lacinato kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2–3 hours in room temp water
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp white miso
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan style cheese + 1 cup for topping
- 2/3 cup vegan cream cheese
- 6–8 slices Canyon Gluten Free Mountain White Bread
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In an 8 or 10 inch skillet, sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Divide shallot/garlic mixture – half remains in pan, half gets added to the cheese sauce.
- Add artichokes to pan, continue cooking for a minute or two, then add greens and continue to sauté until greens are wilted – about 3-5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Meanwhile, add soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, miso, cayenne, vegan parmesan, vegan cream cheese and 1/2 of shallot/garlic mixture to a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into skillet and stir well to incorporate greens/artichoke mixture. Top with remaining 1 cup of vegan parmesan, then bake for 6-8 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. You may have to rotate skillet a few minutes into cooking to evenly brown cheese.
- Cut each slice of bread in half diagonally and place on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375 F until golden brown and toasted.
We used a mix of spinach and kale because the kale holds up nicely in the dip, but if you’d prefer to simplify, ditch the kale and bring the total amount of spinach to 5 cups.
Keywords: game day, vegan, super bowl