Our no bake vegan mint chocolate cheesecake combines a chocolate crust with a creamy, mint filling that's perfect as a light dessert. Best of all, the entire recipe comes together in a food processor! We love serving these in jars for a delicious and easy single-serving dessert.
🍰 Why We Love This Recipe
- No bake: These mini cheesecakes in a jar come together with no baking at all. Just place in your refrigerator for a few hours to set up. If you'd prefer, you can use a regular cheesecake pan instead of jars!
- All blender: The crust is made in a food processor and the filling in a blender, so not only is this recipe super easy to bring together, but it also creates just a few dirty dishes.
- Mint chocolate: Mint and chocolate are such a delicious, refreshing combination! Unfortunately, it's usually limited to ice cream, so we love tasting one of our favorite flavors in a different application.
- Completely vegan: these mint chocolate cheesecakes in a jar are fully vegan and can easily be made gluten free. We use cashews and vegan cream cheese for a super creamy filling that tastes amazing!
- Natural flavor/colors: we use real fresh mint for flavor and a small amount of matcha and spinach for that gorgeous natural green hue. (And no, you can't taste the greens, it's the tiniest amount just for color!)
Here's everything you'll need to make these mini mint chocolate cheesecakes:
📋 Ingredient Notes
- Cashews: make sure to use unroasted, unsalted cashews and soak them for 2-3 hours at room temperature before blending. Soaking them helps to ensure that the cheesecake filling will be smooth and creamy.
- Matcha powder: You should be able to find this in the coffee/tea aisle of your grocery store. Matcha typically has a polarizing flavor as a standalone ingredient, but is easily overpowered by other ingredients. Don't be afraid to add it to this cheesecake, as it adds a ton of great color without any off putting flavor.
- Agave: We used agave in this recipe, but we imagine that maple syrup would also work just as well.
- Yogurt: vanilla yogurt adds extra tanginess and makes this cheesecake a bit lighter. We used nondairy cashew-based yogurt.
- Chocolate sandwich cookies: AKA oreos! (By the way, did you know they're naturally vegan?) We tested our recipe with the double stuffed variety. You can also use a gluten free variety to make this recipe 100% GF.
🔪 Step-by-step Instructions
PREP: Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2-3 hours. Drain and rinse.
(1 & 2): Make the crust: Add cookies to a food processor and pulse until they are ground into crumbs. The crust is done when you can press it together between your fingers and it holds together.
(3 & 4): Make the filling: Drain cashews. Add to a high speed blender with the cream cheese, agave syrup, yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla bean paste, mint, spinach, matcha, ¼ teaspoon of mint extract, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add additional ¼ teaspoon of mint extract if you want a stronger mint flavor.
(5 & 6): Assemble: Press crust into the bottom of a jar, parfait cup, or a large ramekin. Pour the blended filling mixture over the crust and smooth it out.
Refrigerate for 4 hours. Remove from the refrigerator just before serving and top with a dollop of vanilla yogurt or whipped cream. Then add more chocolate cookie crumbles or mini chocolate chips and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
💭 Expert Tips and FAQs
- Make it in a tart pan: don't want to make mini jar versions of this vegan mint chocolate cheesecake? Press the crust into a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom. Pour the filling in and let set in the fridge or freezer for several hours before serving.
- Don't have matcha? Leave it out altogether (it's just for color in this recipe!). Alternatively, add a few drops of natural green food coloring.
- Spinach optional: same as the matcha – it's just for color in this recipe, so feel free to leave it out if you don't care about getting that bright green hue.
- Storage: we recommend storing these covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. We do not suggest storing these long term in the freezer – the texture tends to get a bit weird once defrosted.
- Silky smooth filling: the texture of this mint chocolate cheesecake is super silky and smooth, almost like a mousse. Since we use all vegan ingredients in the filling, it might not be exactly like a traditional cheesecake texture, but it definitely has the tangy flavor of cheesecake!
🍽 Related Recipes
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with us through social media by following us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook or by subscribing to our newsletter.Print
Our no bake mint chocolate cheesecake combines a chocolate cookie crust with a creamy, mint filling that's perfect as a light dessert. You can serve them in single-serving jars or as a regular tart!
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies (use double stuffed for best results)
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews, soaked in room temp water for 2-3 hr
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- ⅓ cup agave or maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegan vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup spinach (optional)
- 2 tsp matcha powder (optional)
- ¼-½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ tsp fine grain salt
- Prep: Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2-3 hours.
- Make the crust: Add cookies to a food processor and pulse until they are ground into crumbs. The crust is done when you can press it together between your fingers and it holds together. (If not using double stuffed, you may need to add 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter.)
- Make the filling: Drain cashews. Add to a high speed blender with the cream cheese, agave, yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla bean paste, mint, spinach, matcha, ¼ teaspoon of mint extract, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add additional ¼ teaspoon of mint extract if you want a stronger mint flavor.
- Assemble: Press crust into the bottom of a jar, parfait cup, or a large ramekin. Pour the blended filling mixture over the crust and smooth out. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serving: serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream, more cookie crumbs and a sprig of fresh mint.
*We used double stuffed oreos in this recipe. They have enough of the cream filling that the mixture sticks together nicely when blended. If using regular oreos, you may want to add at least 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter to help the crust mixture stick together. You can also use gluten free oreos in this recipe.
Make it in a tart pan: don't want to make mini jar versions of this vegan mint chocolate cheesecake? Press the crust into a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom. Pour the filling in and let set in the fridge or freezer for several hours before serving.
Use unroasted, unsalted cashews and be sure to soak them for 2-3 hours before blending.
The spinach and matcha are just for color in this recipe, so if you don't care about having that bright green hue, feel free to leave them out. Alternatively, you can use a few drops of natural green food coloring.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Jar
- Calories: 453
- Sugar: 16.1 g
- Sodium: 244 mg
- Fat: 31.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.3 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 9.4 g
Keywords: mint chocolate cheesecake