A seasonal twist on a classic cocktail recipe: apple cider margaritas with a cranberry maple simple syrup and cinnamon sugar rim! If you plan to make these for Thanksgiving or another holiday gathering, make the simple syrup up to a day or two ahead of time so you can pull everything together quickly when ready to serve. If you’re short on time, you can substitute the simple syrup with an equal proportion of agave syrup.
As always with cocktails – the fresher the ingredients, the better. Freshly squeezed lime juice makes all the difference, and locally produced apple cider is probably your best bet if available!Print
A seasonal twist on everyone’s favorite cocktail.
- 4 oz apple cider
- 2 oz tequila
- 3/4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Cranberry Maple Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- For rim: 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cranberry Maple Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Rim glasses in cinnamon sugar mixture by dipping them in a bit of syrup, then in cinnamon sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients over ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. Strain into glass and enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat, cover and let cool.
- Remove cinnamon stick before using. You can store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to a month.
We suggest making the simple syrup a day in advance.