This is a seasonal twist on a classic cocktail recipe. Apple cider margaritas with a cranberry maple simple syrup and cinnamon sugar rim! These are perfect for Thanksgiving or another holiday gathering.
We recommend making the simple syrup up to a day or two ahead of time. That way, you can quickly pull everything together when you have thirsty guests. The syrup will last up to a week in the fridge, so you can always make extra for multiple rounds of these cocktails.
If you're short on time, you can also substitute the simple syrup with an equal proportion of agave syrup.
As always with cocktails, the fresher the ingredients, the better. Freshly squeezed lime juice makes all the difference in these apple cider margaritas. And if you can find it, locally-produced apple cider is probably your best bet! The fresher the cider, the more festive these cocktails will taste.
As for food pairings, we love enjoying these margaritas with dishes that use some of the same seasonal flavors.
For example, our Roasted Acorn Squash Salad with Maple Cinnamon Tahini Dressing brings out the unique sweet/tart flavor of cranberries. Or, for a dessert option, we love the sweet pairing of these margaritas with Apple Walnut Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Glaze. Yum!Print
A seasonal twist on everyone's favorite cocktail.
- 4 oz apple cider
- 2 oz tequila
- ¾ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Cranberry Maple Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- For rim: 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon
Cranberry Maple Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Rim glasses in cinnamon sugar mixture by dipping them in a bit of syrup, then in cinnamon sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients over ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. Strain into glass and enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat, cover and let cool.
- Remove cinnamon stick before using. You can store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to a month.
We suggest making the simple syrup a day in advance.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: American