These apple cider margaritas are a seasonal twist on a classic cocktail recipe. Sweetened with maple syrup and garnished with a cinnamon sugar rim, these are perfect for Thanksgiving or another holiday gathering.
- 4 oz apple cider
- 1 1/2 oz silver tequila
- 1/2 oz Cointreau or other orange flavored liqueur
- 3/4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt on a small, flat plate. Pour a small amount of maple syrup on another small plate. Dip the rim of the glass in a bit of maple syrup, then coat into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. Strain into glass and enjoy!
Garnish: you can garnish with a few apple slices and a sprig of fresh herbs, like sage, rosemary or thyme. For a super fancy presentation, garnish with a cinnamon stick.
The fresher the ingredients, the better. Freshly squeezed lime juice makes all the difference, and if you can find it, locally-produced apple cider is your best bet!
Cointreau is an orange liqueur. Feel free to sub with another orange liqueur, like triple sec or Grand Marnier.
Silver or blanco tequila is a perfect candidate for margaritas, but reposado will also work in this recipe. While we wouldn't typically use añejo (aged) tequila in a more classic margarita, it actually works well here. The complex flavor pairs well with fall flavors like maple syrup and apple cider.
Make ahead: if you're serving these apple cider margaritas for a crowd, feel free to multiply the ingredients and mix everything up ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Be sure to shake or stir well again before serving so everyone gets a well balanced drink! You can make up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Cocktail Shaker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One Margarita
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 40.3 g
- Sodium: 1195.3 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.4 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
Keywords: Apple cider margarita