This Vegan Strawberry Mousse Pie with a no-bake gluten free crust is perfectly creamy, slightly tart, sweet and altogether a delicious summer dessert. You can also make these into bars for a portable option!
I always think it's funny when people are skeptical of vegan (and gluten free) desserts. We've all heard horror stories of sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan cookies that taste like cardboard and flax seeds. But when done right, they're just as delicious as desserts made with more traditional ingredients.
Frozen raspberries and strawberries are the perfect sweet complement to tangy cream cheese for the mousse here. They add plenty of natural sweetness, so we only needed to add another quarter cup of sweetener.
We use maple syrup for this strawberry tart, but you could substitute for agave nectar or honey if desired.
If you've never made vegan cheesecake, keep in mind that this version (and many others) are not baked. Instead, we freeze the filling and then thaw briefly before slicing.
Likewise, we use a no-bake crust - just be sure to press it into the pan firmly.
Side note - if you're interested in photography/food styling, check out the "before" image of this tart here. We're sharing more about photography and editing, so you can see the difference between an unedited and edited image.
Editing (in my opinion) is what really makes an image stand out. Sure, it's important to understand how to style an image and how to shoot crisp, clear images in good lighting, but there's so much more you can bring out in an image.
We talked about it about more in this post, and we have a few upcoming posts focused on photography and styling. As always, feel free to send us an email (or comment below) if you have any specific questions you'd like addressed.
Now, back to this recipe! If you love vegan cheesecakes as much as we do, here are a few more recipes to try:
- Purple Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars
- Berry Beet Cashew Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
- Peanut Butter Mousse Tart (not quite a cheesecake, but similar texture & flavor)
- Coconut Lime & Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Baked Vegan Cheesecake
If you plan on making this vegan strawberry mousse pie for an event or will be serving to a large crowd, you can certainly cut it into bars for easy service.
Simply follow the same instructions, but put everything together in a rectangular or square pan. We suggest lining the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
Let the strawberry mousse bars thaw for 10-15 minutes before slicing, and be sure to store in freezer!
If you make this vegan strawberry mousse pie, we’d love for you to leave a comment and rating below! We also love to see your creations on Instagram – tag us at @crowded_kitchen so we can see what you’ve been cooking.Print
This Vegan Strawberry Mousse Pie is perfectly creamy, slightly tart, sweet and altogether a delicious summer dessert. The no-bake crust is gluten free and made with a mixture of nuts, coconut and dates.
- 1 ¼ cup raw, unsalted almonds
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 1 ½ tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours in room temp water
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup vegan plain yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- For topping: fresh berries, coconut flakes
- In a food processor, pulse almonds, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and salt until crumbly.
- Add dates, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla and pulse until crust mixture comes together when pinched between your fingers.
- Press firmly in even layer into an 8-10 inch tart pan. Freeze for 15-20 minutes while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to run through the blend cycle depending on your blender.
- Pour filling over crust and spread into an even layer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, until solid. Top with fresh berries and coconut.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving, then slice and enjoy.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan strawberry pie