This easy vegan queso dip recipe is a creamy and savory delight perfect for your next party or family gathering. Enjoy with some tortilla chips and a nice cocktail!
Our non-vegan family members and friends almost always "like" our vegan creations. Every so often we come across a recipe that they LOVE. Especially for a dish that heavily involves cheese, we're psyched that they're so enamored with our cheese-less version!
Besides serving this with your favorite tortilla chips, another one of our favorite ways to consume this dip is as a sauce for mini hasselback potatoes. Because they're so small, the potatoes really crisp up, making them a perfect bite-sized appetizer. Plus, how cool are those purple potatoes? To make, simply hasselback a bunch of potatoes (see how to hasselback here), brush liberally with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast at 400 F until crispy. If they start to look dry, brush them with a bit more olive oil. Finish with more salt and herbs and serve.
Here's our full Super Bowl spread, including the hasselback potatoes, veggie rolls, chips + queso, blistered shishito peppers, homemade guac + salsa, baked mac & cheeze bites and a few other snacks. There's still time to get this together before the Super Bowl (or at least the vegan queso dip recipe), so get going!
Quick note on the recipe: We've tested this quite a few times and this is BY FAR the best version. The chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are the defining ingredient of this recipe - don't skip them! It's most definitely worth a quick trip to the store.Print
Even the non-vegans in your family will love this queso dip - ours sure did!
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- ¾ cup water
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 1-3 tsp of adobo sauce
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2 hours. Drain and rinse well after soaking. If you're short on time, soak for at least 30 mins in hot water.
- Add all ingredients to blender except olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Slowly stream the olive oil in until mixture is perfectly creamy. Depending on your blender, this could take a few minutes and you may need to scrape the sides down a few times. Taste and adjust spices as needed. Enjoy!
- Category: Dips
- Method: Blender