This easy vegan queso dip recipe is a creamy and savory delight perfect for your next party or family gathering. Enjoy with some tortilla chips and a nice cocktail!
Our non-vegan family members and friends almost always “like” our vegan creations. Every so often we come across a recipe that they LOVE. Especially for a dish that heavily involves cheese, we’re psyched that they’re so enamored with our cheese-less version!
Besides serving this with your favorite tortilla chips, another one of our favorite ways to consume this dip is as a sauce for mini hasselback potatoes. Because they’re so small, the potatoes really crisp up, making them a perfect bite-sized appetizer. Plus, how cool are those purple potatoes? To make, simply hasselback a bunch of potatoes (see how to hasselback here), brush liberally with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast at 400 F until crispy. If they start to look dry, brush them with a bit more olive oil. Finish with more salt and herbs and serve.
Here’s our full Super Bowl spread, including the hasselback potatoes, veggie rolls, chips + queso, blistered shishito peppers, homemade guac + salsa, baked mac & cheeze bites and a few other snacks. There’s still time to get this together before the Super Bowl (or at least the vegan queso dip recipe), so get going!
If you need some snack board inspo, check out this post to see how we assemble the perfect platter.
Quick note on the recipe: We’ve tested this quite a few times and this is BY FAR the best version. The chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are the defining ingredient of this recipe – don’t skip them! It’s most definitely worth a quick trip to the store.Print
Even the non-vegans in your family will love this queso dip – ours sure did!
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 1-3 tsp of adobo sauce
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2 hours. Drain and rinse well after soaking. If you’re short on time, soak for at least 30 mins in hot water.
- Add all ingredients to blender except olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Slowly stream the olive oil in until mixture is perfectly creamy. Depending on your blender, this could take a few minutes and you may need to scrape the sides down a few times. Taste and adjust spices as needed. Enjoy!