Thank you Carapelli Olive Oil for sponsoring this recipe for Mediterranean Pasta. For more information and a store locator, please visit CarapelliUSA.com. And be sure to check out Carapelli's social channels: Facebook and Instagram.
High-quality olive oil is essential in our kitchen (and, I think, in most kitchens in the Western world). It’s particularly essential in dishes like this pasta, where olive oil is the star. Oil is truly the dressing that brings all the Mediterranean flavors together for a pasta dish I can’t help but eat straight out of the pan!
We’re thrilled to offer this recipe in partnership with Carapelli Olive Oil. It’s clear from the first taste that their products are very high-quality. Carapelli artfully conceives each bottle, and it certainly helps that they have been masters in their field of work since 1893.
After tasting all three varieties, we chose their Unfiltered Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for this veggie-filled pasta. We just love the dense, nutty flavor. Carapelli uses a cold press to extract this flavor. As a result, some of the delicous olive pulp remains in the oil. We also think it's delicious over fresh, peppery greens like arugula!
Finally, we love that this recipe is so easy to bring together on a weeknight. And if you aren’t vegetarian or vegan (or prefer a bit more protein), you can certainly add chicken or even shrimp.Print
While this pasta is delicious hot, I enjoyed it even more cold the next day (think pasta salad, majorly elevated!).
Herbed Lemon Olive Oil Dressing:
- ¾ cup Carapelli Unfiltered Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 cups (cooked) Farfalle pasta
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 ¼ cup artichokes, quartered
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk well. Alternatively, place all ingredients in a glass jar, seal jar and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat 2 tbsp of herbed lemon olive oil in a pan heated to medium. Sauté onions for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent garlic from burning. Add in 4 more tbsp of the oil, then add the broccoli. Cook for a few minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook until mushrooms are softened.
- Add whole cherry tomatoes, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Stir well and cook until tomatoes are softened.
- Add roasted red peppers, artichokes, and olives. Pour in remaining olive oil mixture and cooked pasta. Toss gently with tongs until well coated. Enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.