Thank you Carapelli Olive Oil for sponsoring this post. For more information and a store locator, please visit CarapelliUSA.com and be sure to check out Carapelli’s social channels: Facebook and Instagram.
High quality olive oil is an essential in our kitchen (and, I think, in most kitchens around the world). It’s particularly essential in dishes like this, where olive oil is the star – the dressing that brings all the flavors together for a pasta dish I can’t help but eat straight out of the pan!
We’re thrilled to bring you this recipe in partnership with Carapelli Olive Oil. It’s clear from the first taste that their products are very high-quality. Each bottle has been artfully conceived, and it certainly helps that they have been masters in their field of work since 1893.
After tasting all three varieties, we decided to go with their Unfiltered Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for this recipe – we just love the dense, nutty flavor that is extracted through a cold-press, leaving some of the olive pulp behind. It would also be fantastic drizzled on fresh, peppery greens like arugula!
We love that this recipe is easy to bring together on a weeknight, and if you aren’t vegetarian or vegan (or would just prefer a bit more protein), you can certainly add chicken or even shrimp.Print
While this pasta is delicious hot, I enjoyed it even more cold the next day (think pasta salad, majorly elevated!).
Herbed Lemon Olive Oil Dressing:
- ¾ cup Carapelli Unfiltered Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 cups (cooked) Farfalle pasta
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 ¼ cup artichokes, quartered
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk well. Alternatively, place all ingredients in a glass jar, seal jar and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat 2 tbsp of herbed lemon olive oil in a pan heated to medium. Sauté onions for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent garlic from burning. Add in 4 more tbsp of the oil, then add the broccoli. Cook for a few minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook until mushrooms are softened.
- Add whole cherry tomatoes, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Stir well and cook until tomatoes are softened.
- Add roasted red peppers, artichokes, and olives. Pour in remaining olive oil mixture and cooked pasta. Toss gently with tongs until well coated. Enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.