These decadent and delicious double chocolate cashew butter cups with raspberry chia jam are the sweet treat that you need in your life!
If anyone wants to come over, we just made about 100 of these Double Chocolate Cashew Butter Cups! Our kitchen is a mess & we’re willing to pay you in chocolate!
Despite the mess, homemade chocolate nut butter cups are actually ridiculously easy to make. You can also customize them however you desire. We love cashew butter (we made it homemade for this recipe), but in all honesty, we only used cashew butter in this because we’d already had peanut butter for breakfast! While we strongly encourage using cashew butter there’s certainly no reason you can’t use peanut, almond or sunflower seed butter. Pistachio butter would be amazing with these, too!
These make for a beautiful, festive Valentine’s Day treat and they’re very kid-friendly. We love to store them in our fridge or freezer and grab one for a quick, on-the-go snack. (Yes, we eat chocolate every day.) Speaking of chocolate…we used FlavaNaturals dark chocolate both for the outer shell and for the chocolate cashew butter filling.
Here’s how to simplify if you’re short on time: Use store-bought nut butter and whisk in a bit of cocoa powder + maple syrup + sea salt to make the nut butter filling. You can also use store-bought raspberry chia jam if you prefer!
Onto the recipe – enjoy, and remember to tag us on Instagram or Facebook if you make them – we love to hear from you!
For more delicious treats like these, take a look at these recipes:Print
Dark chocolate cups filled with homemade chocolate cashew butter and homemade raspberry chia jam…this is one of our most popular recipes for a good reason!
Raspberry Chia Jam:
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh)
- 2 tsp agave
- 4 tsp blood orange/orange juice
- pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
Chocolate Cashew Butter Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4–5 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 oz dark chocolate, melted with 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt + crushed rose petals for topping
Raspberry Chia Jam:
- Blend all ingredients except chia. Pour into a bowl and stir in chia seeds. Let refrigerate for 2 hours to thicken.
Chocolate Cashew Butter:
- Add raw cashews to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until they reach a smooth consistency, frequently pausing to scrape down the sides.
- Add in remaining ingredients and continue to blend. The whole process may take up to 10 minutes of blending, so be sure your blender or food processor can handle the heat!
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners.
- Chop dark chocolate bars and melt over double boiler with about 1 tbsp of coconut oil, stirring frequently. Alternatively, melt in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of chocolate into each muffin tin. Be sure to coat the sides of each muffin tin – you can achieve this with a pastry brush. Let harden in fridge or freezer (about 10 mins).
- Once hardened, spoon in cashew butter to fill to halfway point. Then, add a small layer of chia jam, leaving space at the top to fill with remaining dark chocolate. Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt and return to refrigerator or freezer until completely hardened. Enjoy!
To simplify, swap the homemade cashew butter with your favorite store-bought version. The same goes for the jam – store-bought works just fine if you’re in a pinch.