These Carrot Apple Cranberry Muffins are packed with fall flavors and topped with a tart/sweet cranberry glaze. We love making a big batch to store in an airtight container in the freezer.
When you're ready to eat, simply pop as many as you'd like in the microwave for about 45 seconds. They make a delicious afternoon pick-me-up, or an easy breakfast to take on the road.
We are working hard to improve our meal prep game, and I think these muffins are some pretty good motivation. The muffins themselves can be whipped up in one bowl, are fully vegan and gluten free.
Plus, they pack a ton of health benefits from all the veggies and fruits. They're full of fiber from apples, carrots, citrus and oat flour. Plus, they get a delicious antioxidant boost from fresh cranberries.
Add in a bit of protein and healthy fats from pecans, hemp seeds and coconut oil, and you have the makings of a healthy, balanced breakfast.Print
Breakfast, snack, healthy dessert; these muffins are perfect for any time of day.
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 flax eggs (1 tablespoon flax meal to 2.5 tablespoon water for each egg)
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 ½ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup peeled, finely diced apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup grated carrot
Cranberry Glaze (optional):
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 tablespoon cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin tin with paper or silicon liners.
- To make flax eggs, stir together flax meal and water and let sit to thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk together almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: oat flour, GF flour, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and hemp seeds.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to blend coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, orange juice and zest, coconut sugar and regular sugar. Add in flax eggs and almond milk and continue mixing.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Fold in pecans, apples, cranberries and grated carrot.
- Use a cookie scoop to easily portion mixture into muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Whisk together all ingredients, starting with 3 tablespoon cranberry juice, and add more juice if needed to reach desired consistency. The thicker, the better! Spoon over cooled muffins and let set.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Oven
Keywords: quick and easy, on the go