We’re bringing you the ultimate vegan BLT (technically a BLTA with the addition of avocado)! Tofu bacon is the star of the show, complemented by lettuce, pan-roasted cherry tomatoes and avocado. The ideal lunch, if you ask me!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 slices sandwich bread of choice
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo or butter
- 4–6 slices tofu bacon
- 1/2 of an avocado
- Make tofu bacon following these instructions.
- Heat a skillet over medium. Add olive oil and tomatoes. Sauté for 5-8 minutes, until tomatoes start to burst and soften. Add salt and balsamic and continue cooking for 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until they dry out and form a jam-like consistency. Remove from heat.
- Toast bread and spread on vegan mayo or butter.
- Top with lettuce, tofu bacon, tomatoes and avocado. Enjoy!
You can sub tofu bacon with a store-bought alternative.
Keywords: Vegan BLT