These flavorful oven roasted cauliflower steaks make for a delicious vegan/vegetarian main dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any other entertaining occasion!
- 4 cauliflower "steaks" (you'll need 2 heads of cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fine grain kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Prep the cauliflower: Start by trimming any outer leaves. You can leave the stem intact – this helps keep the cauliflower steak together. Slice directly through the middle of the cauliflower head. Carefully cut 1-1 1/2 inch thick slices. You should be able to get 2 large steaks out of each head of cauliflower (3 if you're lucky!).* (See blog post for more tips/visual guide)
- Make the marinade: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder, parsley and thyme.
- Brush the marinade liberally on each side of each cauliflower steak. Place on a sheet pan, cover with aluminum foil and roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the foil and brush the top with more marinade. Return to oven uncovered for 8 minutes, then flip each steak, brush with remaining marinade and roast for additional 8-10 minutes, until fork tender and crispy on the exterior.
- Serve: Serve hot with your favorite side dishes, like vegan mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted cauliflower steaks