This brothy, comforting, simple vegan White Bean Spinach Soup comes together in just 30 minutes! It's so easy to make, packed with plant-based protein and fiber, and tastes great as leftovers the next day. This is the easiest vegan soup to add to your meal plan this winter!
- 4 tbsp vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 1 yellow onion, diced (~1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic (1-2 large cloves)
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence*
- 1-1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Half of a lemon, juiced (~2 tbsp)
- 1 cup pasta of choice (shells, macaroni, farfalle, etc)
- 1 15 oz can Great Northern beans*, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- Optional: vegan parmesan for garnish
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Add in garlic and celery and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper. Add in broth, lemon juice and pasta. Stir well, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the beans, spinach and parsley and continue cooking for 10 minutes (or longer if preferred). Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve topped with grated vegan parmesan and more fresh parsley.
*Herbs de Provence: this is an herb blend typically containing thyme, basil, rosemary, tarragon, savory, marjoram, oregano and bay leaf. You can sub 1:1 with an Italian seasoning blend, or make your own blend with any of the above ingredients.
*You can also use cannellini or navy beans in place of Great Northern beans.
You can swap spinach with kale or swiss chard if desired.
Storage: let soup cool to room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 5 days. Reheat in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Freezer storage: Let the soup cool completely before transferring to an airtight, freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 6 months. To reheat, defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then heat over medium in a saucepan.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white bean spinach soup