This refreshing, summery Watermelon Moscow Mule is made with fresh watermelon cucumber juice, agave mint simple syrup, lime juice, vodka and ginger beer. It's slightly sweet, cooling, minty, fizzy and perfect for entertaining!
Watermelon Cucumber Juice:
- 1 cup fresh watermelon, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup cucumber (peeled and roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup agave nectar (or cane sugar)
- ¼ cup water
- 10 mint leaves
Cocktail (for 1 drink):
- 4 oz watermelon cucumber juice
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 oz agave mint simple syrup
- Top off with ginger beer
- In a small saucepan, bring agave (or sugar) and water to a simmer and whisk well. Add in mint leaves, remove from heat, cover and let sit for 30 minutes. Strain to remove mint, then let syrup cool completely.
- Meanwhile, add watermelon and cucumber to a blender and blend well. Optional: to remove pulp, strain the juice through a cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, then add in watermelon cucumber juice, vodka, lime juice and simple syrup. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, then strain into a copper mug filled with ice. Top off with ginger beer and stir. Optional: garnish with mint and watermelon slices.
You can also use store-bought simple syrup if desired.
Want a sweeter cocktail? Sub the cucumber with more watermelon or strawberries.
Keywords: watermelon moscow mule