Tired of the usual fruit salad? Our summer Watermelon Fruit Salad with strawberries, raspberries, cherries and a lime mint dressing is a refreshing, flavorful spin on classic fruit salad. With fresh berries, juicy watermelon, and a tart dressing to tone down the sweetness, your guests will thank you at your next outdoor BBQ.
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Whisk together agave, lime juice, lime zest and mint.
- Prep watermelon and berries and place in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over top and lightly toss.
- Garnish with some torn mint.
Not a fan of mint? This watermelon fruit salad is also fantastic with fresh basil!
Fresh lime and mint go a long way in taking this watermelon fruit salad to the next level. They really enhance the flavor of fresh watermelon and berries, making this the most flavorful fruit salad you'll make all summer!
If you have a cherry pitter, use it! It will make prep much easier. If you don't have a cherry pitter, you can use a chopstick to easily remove the pits. Remove the stem and hold the cherry firmly in your hand. Stick the chopstick through the middle of the cherry and the pit will pop out of the bottom.
We recommend eating this watermelon fruit salad immediately after you make it. As this salad sits in the fridge, the fruits continue to release moisture, making the salad soggy and watery.
You can sub agave with another liquid sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 28.2 g
- Sodium: 3.2 mg
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.5 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
Keywords: watermelon fruit salad