You'd never guess this creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is completely vegan! The creamy, rich sauce is made without cashews (!) – it's luscious, flavorful and super easy to make.
- 16 oz. pasta, cooked in salted water
- 2 tbsp oil from a jar of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, sliced into thin strips
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain vegan creamer/heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan
- 1/2 cup sliced artichokes
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Add 2 tsp of salt to water for pasta and bring to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium. Add oil from sun-dried tomatoes and add onion. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until softened. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, broth and creamer to pan. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat slightly and let thicken for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parmesan and artichokes. Add in cooked pasta and toss well.
- Top with fresh basil and extra red pepper flakes.
Make sure the vegan creamer/heavy cream sub is unsweetened!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan sun-dried tomato pasta