No egg whites needed for this delicious Vegan Strawberry Pisco Sour! Whipped aquafaba (chickpea liquid) is the perfect vegan alternative to eggs and makes for a light, frothy drink.
- Liquid from 1 can of chickpeas
- ½ cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup water
- 2 oz strawberry puree
- 1 oz pisco
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- ½ oz elderflower liqueur (optional)
- 4 tbsp whipped aquafaba
- Angostura bitters
- Add aquafaba to a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip until thick and creamy (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, blend strawberries and water to make a puree. Optional: strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pisco, strawberry puree, lemon juice, simple syrup, elderflower liqueur and 2 tbsp aquafaba. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled glass and top with additional 2 tbsp whipped aquafaba and a few dashes of angostura bitters.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Chilean
Keywords: vegan pisco sour