These delicious peanut butter cookies are both gluten free and vegan!
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (we used almond or cashew)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped peanuts(optional)
- 4 oz melted dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, stir together gluten free flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer to beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients. Once well incorporated, slowly stream in nondairy milk and continue mixing until incorporated. Optional: stir in chopped peanuts.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use a fork (or a measuring cup) to flatten cookies in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring to cooling rack. When completely cooled, dip or drizzle some in dark chocolate and top with more crushed peanuts (optional). Store in airtight container for up to a week, or freeze for up to 6 months.
We used unsweetened peanut butter, so note that if you use a sweetened version, these will be much sweeter.
Keywords: vegan peanut butter cookies