This no-cook cucumber chickpea salad is a quick and healthy recipe to meal prep a vegan, gluten free lunch or dinner.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2-1 tsp sumac (optional)
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced thinly into rounds
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup red onion, sliced thinly (see note)
- 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a jar with a lid or small bowl. Shake or whisk well to emulsify.
- In a large serving bowl, add the cucumber, chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, and feta. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
To cut down on the bite from the red onion, you can quick pickle them in just a few minutes. If you do this, you may wish to cut back the salt by 1/4-1/2 tsp and the lemon by 1/2-1 tbsp. See our guide here.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-cook
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: vegan chickpea salad