These vegan jalapeno poppers are crispy, cheesy, gluten free and pack just the right amount of spice for an easy appetizer.
- 12 jalapeños, halved and deseeded
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ of a lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs, divided
- ½ tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If your shredded cheddar cheese is in long strands, dice them up into smaller pieces.
- Combine the cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, parsley, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, ¼ cup bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Fill each pepper with cream cheese filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. For extra crispness, you can spray the filled peppers with olive oil or cooking spray before baking. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the peppers are soft and the top is golden.
Be sure to fully remove the inner membrane and seeds of the jalapeño. We recommend using a spoon to easily scoop it out.
Keywords: vegan jalapeño poppers