Our creamy, rich vegan eggnog combines oat milk, soaked cashews, and seasonal spices to create a delicious holiday treat! You can even add a liquor of your choice to create your very own spiked vegan eggnog.
- 3 cups nondairy milk (we use full fat oat milk)
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 2-3 hours
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Spike with 4 ounces coffee liqueur, dark rum, brandy or cognac
- Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2-3 hours. Drain well.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender except for the alcohol.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If you’re adding alcohol, whisk in 4 oz of the liquor of your choice.
- For best results, chill for at least one hour before serving.
Be sure to soak the cashews for 2-3 hours to ensure that they've absorbed as much water as possible and will blend well. If you're short on time, you can place the cashews in hot water and soak for an hour. Just know that the longer you soak, the easier the cashews will blend!
Cashews: Make sure you use raw, unsalted cashews in this recipe. Roasted cashews will not soak as well, and they will change the flavor of this dairy free eggnog. The cashews are meant mostly for a creamy, rich texture here - not for flavor.
Nondairy milk: We love using full fat oat milk in this recipe, because it has a super thick, creamy texture that makes this vegan eggnog extra delicious. Feel free to use your favorite variety, whether that's oat, soy, almond, or another variety, but opt for something higher quality. Some cheaper nut-based milks can be pretty watery, which isn't ideal in this recipe.
Add alcohol: We recommend using coffee liqueur, dark rum, brandy, or cognac to add alcohol to your eggnog. Or just use your favorite spirit! It's easy to add it in – no special steps required. If you add in alcohol and store for a few days before enjoying, be sure to shake/whisk your eggnog well before serving.
Storage: you can store this homemade eggnog in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. Some separation is normal, so give it a good shake before serving.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 457.8 mg
- Fat: 18.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
Keywords: vegan eggnog, spiked eggnog