There's nothing better than homemade ice cream. This homemade Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Dough Ice Cream really takes the (ice cream) cake, and it's also gluten free!
Ice Cream Base:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 1-2 hours in room temp water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine kosher salt
- Soak cashews for 2 hours in room temp water. Drain and rinse.
- Cool ice cream maker.
- In a blender, combine all ice cream ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into ice cream maker and start cycle.
- Meanwhile, prep cookie dough. Roll into small balls and freeze while ice cream is finishing.
- When ice cream is finished, transfer to a bowl or freezer container and fold in cookie dough pieces. Transfer to freezer container and freeze until set - about 2 hours.
You can substitute agave nectar for maple syrup if preferred.
Keywords: vegan cookie dough ice cream