You'll definitely want to add these beautiful, healthier (and easy!) Vegan Coconut Easter Eggs to your menu this year. Made with just a few simple ingredients and coated in dark chocolate, they're the perfect mix of kid and adult friendly!
- 2 1/2 cups desiccated (shredded) coconut
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (from a can)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional: 2 tsp pitaya powder for pink filling
- Toppings: flaky sea salt, toasted coconut, rose petals, nuts, freeze dried fruit, etc.
- In a food processor, pulse cashews and coconut for 10 seconds. Add coconut cream, agave, coconut oil, vanilla and salt and continue processing until a dough forms. You should be able to pinch between your fingers without it crumbling.
- Refrigerate or freeze filling for about 20 minutes. This is optional, but it makes it much easier to form the egg shape.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out filling into evenly-sized balls (about 2 tbsp each). Using your hands, roll into a ball, then flatten slightly and elongate the ends to form into oval egg shape. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each interval. Stir in coconut oil.
- Using a fork, dip each egg in chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off, then transfer back to parchment paper. Let chocolate harden for a few minutes, then drizzle each egg with more chocolate.
- Optional: top each egg with flaky salt, chopped nuts, coconut, etc. Transfer to refrigerator to harden for 10-15 minutes.
You can store these at room temperature for a few hours, but anything longer than that, we suggest storing in the fridge. Separate each layer with parchment paper so they don't stick together. They can also be frozen for up to a month.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan coconut easter eggs