This vegan alternative to a tuna melt is equally delicious and a great way to change up your lunch routine.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 1 hour in hot water or 2–4 in room temp water
- 1 tsp miso
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 16. oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- ¼ fresh chopped dill
- 1 1/2 tbsp chives
- Gluten free/vegan sandwich bread of choice
- 2 slices Creamy Original Chao Slices per sandwich
- Chickpea salad
- Pickled red onion
- Avocado spread
- Soak cashews for 1 hour in hot water or 2-4 hours in room temp water. Drain and rinse cashews.
- Add miso, water, lemon juice, mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper to blender.
- Blend until starts to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly stream in olive oil and continue blending until smooth. Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- In a bowl, stir together chickpeas, cucumber, carrot, celery, sunflower seeds, dill and chives. Pour sauce over mixture and stir well to coat.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place two slices of Chao on the bottom half of bread. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melty.
- Remove from oven and top with chickpea salad, onions, greens, and another slice of bread spread with avocado.
Make the chickpea filling up to a week ahead to pull this sandwich together quickly.