This creamy, savory vegan caramelized onion dip is the perfect Super Bowl appetizer!
- 3 medium yellow onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 12 oz vegan sour cream, softened at room temp
- 10 oz vegan cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Slice onions very thinly.
- Heat a large pan to medium and add butter. Once butter is melted, reduce heat to low and add onions and salt. Sauté for 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
- After about 15 minutes, add soy sauce and start adding wine, little by little, stirring often.
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until onions are deeply golden brown and caramelized. (See above photos for reference).
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together vegan sour cream and cream cheese. Add caramelized onions and chopped chives and stir well.
- Serve with chips and sliced veggies. Enjoy!
Tamari/soy sauce helps the caramelization process and adds extra umami flavor - it's just not the same without it!
Keywords: super bowl, vegan dips