This Super Green Vegetable Soup is packed with nutritious vegetables like leeks, zucchini, green beans, herbs and leafy greens! We've also added in chickpeas for extra plant-protein and a herbed oil drizzle to top it off.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup leeks, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 3/4 - 2 tsp fine kosher salt (taste as you go)
- 3/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups leafy greens of choice (we used half kale, half spinach)
- 2 15. oz cans garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan-style cheese, grated (can sub with 2 tbsp nutritional yeast)
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium and add oil.
- Add leeks and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add celery, zucchini, green beans and peas and stir. After a minute or two, add in cilantro, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add in lemon juice, leafy greens and garbanzo beans and cook a few more minutes, until greens are wilted.
- Meanwhile, add all herbed oil ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and well incorporated.
- Serve soup with a drizzle of oil over top and enjoy!
You can use any green vegetables you have on hand. We used about 4 cups total (celery, zucchini, green beans and peas).
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: super green vegetable soup